priscilla mcmillan johnson death and santazing of history

Started by fobrien1, August 02, 2021, 04:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fobrien1

in a post on youtube on one of his videos , the dale myers one , david posted about the death of mrs johnson . here is what he posted .

"Priscilla McMillan died on July 7, 2021. I actually thought she was a remarkable woman. She was often an overlooked, key figure in understanding just how ridiculous all the conspiracy assertations were - that Lee Harvey Oswald was actually a spy, intelligence operative or the he was directed, controlled or specially trained by any government or organization. Implied, by missing in this article is the McMillan was fluent in the Russian language. She knew Marina Oswald in a way that nobody ever could and got a unique insight into Oswald through her.
https://radio.wpsu.org/post/personal-remembrance-priscilla-mcmillan-only-person-who-knew-jfk-and-lee-harvey-oswald
"

now to anyone that hasnt really done any proper research into this case well they might look at the above , read the article linked and think yes she was just a good author who did a good job back then NOTHING TO SEE HERE , LETS MOVE ON .

but as always when it comes to this case there is always more to see MUCH MORE . time and again we see the sanatizing of certain people by the media etc . we are in essence told or shown what they want us to know and see . for example the video davis posted his post on was his dale myers animation video . dale has written an oswald did it book , called with malice about the j d tippit shooting . he also ghost wrote on bugliosis reclaiming history and he has made his now famous animation . the animation alone earned him a million dollars minimal . the media lauds praise upon him for showing us the error of our ways and by telling us THAT OSWALD DID IT ALL ALONE .

but what are the media not telling you ? . they are not telling you that myers was a conspiracy theorist . that he is ON FILM saying that oswald CANNOT HAVE WALKED THE DISTANCE BETWEEN HIS ROOMING HOUSE ON NORTH BECKLEY AND 10TH STREET where tippit was killed . he simply didnt have enough time . and he is on tape saying that HE COULD PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT THAT OSWALD WAS NOT GUILTY OF EITHER CRIME . next time you see a documentary or interview with mr myers on mainstream media look and see if any of the above gets mentioned . now back to mrs johnson .

here is what i replied to davids comment .

hi david been a while , i hope you are keeping safe and well .

its always sad to hear that yet another person with some manner of contact to this case has passed away . aft#r all no matter how small their part was they were a part of history . as near to 60 years has passed since those tragic events i guess we must get used to the sure knowledge that soon enough all will have left us .

even after all have left us im sure that we or the next generation of researchers will still be discussing their parts however small in this tragic slice of history . all that said good bad or indifferent when discussing these people we need a warts and all approach . i mean that we cant sanatize a persons past or indeed their character so that only the good remains . when we discuss a witness for example , we naturally look at all their statements to see if they are contradictory or contain lies etc . we look at their lives and behavior before and after jfks death , what connections they have , what skeletons they may have in the closet that may relate to this case . meaning , if we are discussing a witness , did they later embellish or lie to make money , sell a book etc etc . we dont and cant sanatize , we expose that person good or bad for all to see and then those that reading that follow us into researching this case can see the real person . they will be able to judge if that person is honest , reliable , credible or the opposite of that .

when it comes to priscilla johnson mcmillan their is indeed sanatizing , and im certain david thaty a man of your knowledge of this case knows EXACTLY what i mean here . i mean so far as i can see not one word of your comment or the article that you linked to makes a mention of her CIA connections . but then she is not the only person with any connection to this case who has been sanatized by the media etc .

the truth is the truth and we must put that truth out there good or bad . for example mcmillans book is based in large part on what marina oswald told her . marina was paid some two thirds of the amount advanced to mcmillan for that book . thats just the advance . we know quite quickly marina had a business manager in place . she was making money from her stories and items of interest that could be sold . we now know from both the warren commission and hsca that marina lied to them repeatedly . we also know the following

" It was also pointed out that later Marina began to distance herself
from Johnson's conclusions, saying she was "misled by the ?evidence'
presented to me by government authorities... I am now convinced Lee was
an FBI informant and did not kill president Kennedy."

marina herseld lacks credibility thus anything she claimed (and she claimed ridiculous things and she did undeniably lie ) must be viewed in that light . ive had it argued to me by lone nutters that YES marina did lie  BUT SHE TOLD THE TRUTH SOME TIMES thus we really should believe her . based on lone nutter claims the exact same could be argued about oswald himself . that he lied when it suited and told the truth when it suited . yet no LN will ever accept oswalds word for anything , well unless what he said tends to incriminate him lol . then it becomes gospel truth .

but back to the late mrs johnson . should we look a bit closer at her ? had she any skeletons in her closet ?. certainly she did , and as i said earlier here im certain david knows this and if the article writer didnt know that does not bode very well for their research skills as it would not really take any real skill to get the information .

johnson or mcmillan as she was has cia connections . lets take a little look .

?Pamela Johnson McMillan may be called to discuss her contacts with Oswald in Moscow at which time her ?witting source? affiliation may be exposed,? Breckenridge wrote in a memo.

Nonetheless, McMillan maintained contact with Agency officials who

NOW WHEN I LOOKED AT MY POST SHORTLY AFTER I SAW THAT SOME POSSIBLY 50% OF WHAT I POSTED ABOVE IS GONE . before anyone says anything im in no way accusing david of anything . i have often posted on youtube these days to find that all or part of my comment was gone , links are gone , quotes are gone and so on . so im 100% certain its down to youtubes stupidity . so i re posted on davids thread as best i could and as best i could remember what i had originally posted but that was now missing .and just in case ive posted the lot here .  HERE IT IS

The CIA was the first to recognize it might have a problem.  When
Congress re-opened the JFK investigation in 1977, CIA general counsel
Scott Breckenridge worried that McMillan?s cover relationship to the
Agency in 1959 might be exposed.

?Pamela Johnson McMillan may be called to discuss her contacts with Oswald in Moscow at which time her ?witting source? affiliation may be exposed,? Breckenridge wrote in a memo.

A witting source is someone who knows they are giving information to
the CIA. In 1959 many patriotic Americans were witting sources, of
course. There was nothing wrong with supplying the U.S. government with
useful information. McMillan was certainly not a tool of the Agency, not
at that time. She was considered for Agency employment several times
and rejected for her youthful association with leftist groups.

Nonetheless, McMillan maintained contact with Agency officials who
recognized she was sympathetic to the Agency?s purposes. British popular
historian John Simkin cites a declassified December 1962 CIA memo,
which stated about McMillan before she married.

?I think that Miss
Johnson can be encouraged to write pretty much the articles we want. It
will require a little more contact and discussion, but I think she could
come around"

A mutually useful relationship developed and was documented in McMillan?s CIA file.  According to this January 1975 CIA memo, the Agency classified McMillan as a ?witting collaborator.? 
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=54212#relPageId=289

Relevance

The relevance of these new records?their newsworthiness?seems
indisputable to me. They show McMillan was not just the independent
scholar she purported to be. She was also a CIA asset and thus less
independent than she wanted to be known.

How are these facts relevant to our understanding of the JFK story
today? The Priscilla McMillan story is a reminder that the Agency
used?and uses? its covert assets to influence American public opinion on
the question of who killed JFK. That?s not a theory. That?s a fact.

After graduating from Harvard with a master's degree  in 1952 she applied to join the Central Intelligence Agency.
On 3rd October, 1952, a request was submitted for a security clearance
as an "Intelligence Officer, GS-7" in Operations to work in the Soviet
Realities Division of the CIA. On 21 January, 1953, this was changed to a
request for a security clearance for Johnson (CIA number as 71589) to
work as an Intelligence Officer. On the same day, Bruce L. Solie
responded that Johnson had "declined employment on 21 January 1953". A
formal cancellation was put in her file on 10 February and it was said
"it is not believed there is any CE interest in subject case." (4)

The following month W. A. Osborne,
chief of the Security Branch, sent a memo to Deputy Chief, Security
Division, requesting that her "case be reviewed from a CE
(counter-espionage) aspect." (5) On 17 March, 1953, Osborne sent a memo
to Sheffield Edwards,
head of CIA security, that after checking out Johnson's associates he
recommended approval. "She's active politically (i.e. interested in
domestic and international politics) but is not and has not been tied in
with subversive groups... While a member of UWF, she does not appear to
be objectionally internationalistic." (6)

Later that month Osborne sent out another memo to Edwards that was
completely at odds with the one sent six days previously: "The most
serious question raised by investigation and research is that of her
associates. It is felt that these associations being considered in the
light of her activities in the United World Federalists, her attendance
at questionable schools and her activities in the League for Industrial
Democracy raise a question regarding her eligibility which should be
resolved in favor of the Agency. It is, therefore, recommended that she
be disapproved." (7)

Although Johnson was apparently rejected, Cord Meyer, her former leader at the United World Federalists, was recruited by the CIA after an interview with Allen W. Dulles "we had a number of friends in common at whose houses we had played tennis together on Long Island weekends."

In September, 1975, a subcommittee under Richard Schweiker was asked to investigate the performance of the intelligence agencies concerning the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
This created panic in the CIA and in one document declassified in April
1999, the CIA raised concern about McMillian appearing before the
committee: "Priscilla Johnson McMillan may be called to discuss her
contacts with Oswald in Moscow at which time her CIA "witting source"
affiliation may be exposed. She gave executive session testimony last
week, and staff indicated that they had follow-up issues as a result but
would not share their issues. If the CIA relationship is presented,
Gary Coit (retired, DCD) may be subpoenaed." (36) This was a reference
to Johnson's 201 file dated 28 January, 1975: "In accordance with the
DDO's notice of 9 December 1974, I have reviewed the 201 file on
(Priscilla Johnson) and have determined that it can most accurately be
categorized as indicated below as a 'witting collaborator' (01 Code
A1)." (37)

so this is a woman who applied to  join the cia in the early 50s . she later became a cia asset . a very willing and co operative collaborator TO USE THE CIA OWN WORDING . and one who the cia said would probably write WHAT EVER THEY WANTED WRITTEN . and she just happens to write a book saying oswald was a lone nut . neither david or the article mention her cia connections , or that marina was an acknowledged liar , both warren cmmission and hsca admitted this YET STILL USED HER TESTIMONY to convict oswald in the peoples minds . marina was paid about two thirds of the advance money that johnson was paid for her book . and we already know that marina was happy to lie if it suited her . marina later came to distrust johnson .
let justice be done tho the heavens fall

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. John F. Kennedy